Monday, July 9, 2018

June Update

So last month has been a whirlwind but here it is!

Adam and Ashley: We spent the first half of the month frantically preparing for baby. Adam has been super on top of organizing the tasks that needed to be done to help me feel less anxious. I mostly just tried to survive each day with how severely uncomfortable I was haha. As time got closer, I had more contractions off and on which were not fun and just made me wonder when Wesley was going to come out. My mom came to stay with us on the 13th and Wesley was born on the 16th! Birth story will be coming soon. The latter half of the month was a blur of anxiety (for me), breastfeeding, and adjusting to two kids. Adam has been a champ daddy taking at least one feeding a night and I am so grateful my mom has been here to help!

Eli: The first half of the month, he was super stir crazy. I struggled to do much so we had lots of cuddle time and Netflix. Then Grandma Debby came and spoiled him with treats and new toys. He has LOVED having her here and I’m kinda nervous about his reaction when she leaves. He has done really well with Wesley and he is always wanting to help or hold him. His favorite is to give him his pacifier and fetch mommy breast pads haha. He has struggled with going to sleep which has been stressful and has led to more tantrums during the day due to tiredness. Hopefully he’ll get used to a new routine or at least stop turning on his lights at bedtime xP.

Wesley: came out of me this month! He’s spent most of his time earthside trying to get the hang of nursing and struggling to figure out how to pass gas. He weaned off of the nipple shield a lot quicker and easier than I thought. However, he still struggles with mommy making too much milk for him and it coming out too fast. He is a very sweet baby and sounds like a squealy pig when he cries. He also looks vastly different than Eli which will be fun to watch as he grows!

No comments:

Post a Comment